We prioritize the health and well being of our students and teachers. We also hold the value and importance of learning with others in-person to deepen a somatic sensibility and facilitate embodied learning and transformation. Given both of those values and considerations, we are now offering select in-person training responsibly. As such, we are committed to the following protocols when holding in-person courses.
- As of October 1, 2021 SI will require proof of vaccination from all course participants.
- We also require proof of a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to the first day of the course. Testing through your physician is preferable but rapid tests will be accepted as well. Please email your results to the office or bring proof of your negative test to the first day of the course.
- During Travel: At all public spaces, restaurants, gas stations, air travel use maximum precautions such as washing your hands frequently and following current CDC guidelines for wearing masks.
- If you are concerned about a potential exposure enroute to the course, we will have rapid covid tests on hand to purchase and self test. Cost per test is $40.00.
- We will conduct training indoors with air purifiers on and windows open to support air circulation. Note: Be sure to layer clothing in the event the training space is cool.
- Since we will be training indoors we are still asking participants to wear a mask when indoors. We will also provide a mask if you need one.
- If you have pre-existing immune health conditions, we recommend the highest level of precaution before deciding to attend.
- We will be taking everyone’s temperatures each morning of the training.
- All teachers and students will be asked to wash or sanitize hands at all breaks. We will provide sanitizer and washing stations.
- Door knobs and shared surfaces will be sanitized at every break.
- Individual box lunches will be provided as well as individually packaged snacks and water. Be sure to arrive in the mornings fed and with your own coffee/ tea or morning beverage. We also encourage you to bring your own snacks if you need additional food throughout the day.
- In the teaching of somatics, we are not able to maintain a physical distance of 6’ during the entire training. As with all of our programs, students are always at choice with regards to their engagement.
- Please plan to arrive on the first day no later than 8:15am to ensure you have time to check in and ensure we have your vaccination and covid testing information up to date.
For more travel advisories and information about Covid-19 protocols, please refer to:
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html
- County of Sonoma California: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Home/
- California’s official Resilience Roadmap: https://covid19.ca.gov/roadmap/#top